How to Gracefully Decline a Holiday Invitation (3 Tips)
2020 has been anything but predictable and the holiday season is no different.
With COVID-19, and a bunch of other energetic factors, you’d think it would be super easy to bow out of *optional-but-let’s-be-honest-required* family functions you’d rather avoid. And while that’s the case for some, it’s still helpful to have some things in your back pocket if you’re just not feeling it.
You can use these tips for things outside the holidays too.
So…you don’t want to accept something…you may feel guilty.
But…in your heart of hearts, the idea of skipping out makes your heart skip a beat.
What. To. Do…here are 3 tips for you:
- Blame it on Coronavirus. Yea- I’m not breaking new ground here with this one, but I would be remiss to leave it off the list!
- Manage Expectations: The sooner you know you aren’t planning on going, set the expectation that you cannot go, but that if anything should change, they will be the first to know. Most people do the reverse and tease that they ‘might’ go when really they have zero intention of making an appearance. Don’t be that person.
- Cite Personal Growth: This one is my favorite and of course, it works best like all of these when it’s true! You are deciding to bow out not due to anything on their end at all, but more because you’ve overcommitted. Example, “In my effects to take better care of myself, I realize that I have taken on too many things and need to bow out. I really appreciate the invitation though and thank you for thinking of me!”
That’s it. Short and sweet this week.
Q: Which one are you going play with the next time you’re invited to something you don’t want to go to?
Let me know by leaving a comment below!
i brought in the big guns for you…(boo!)
As it is the “spookiest” night of the year here in the States, I thought it would be fun to mix things up on the blog.
Sometimes it’s the things we cannot see that can most significantly impact our minds, bodies and souls the most.
More specifically, energy!
We can’t see energy easily with the naked eye (unless you have developed your clairvoyance) but we know it’s there, affecting you, right?
And with cell phones, laptops, TV’s and other gadgets permeating our entire life, it’s important to know how you can work with technology instead of letting it drain your energy and wreck havoc on not just your health, but also your intuitive perception and mental clarity.
So…I brought in the big guns because I know nothing about EMF other than it stands for “Electro-Magnetic-Energy” so I am delighted to introduce you to Nicholas Pineault, my colleague and soon-to- be dad and bestselling author of “The Non-Tin Foil Guide to EMF’s” that comes out tomorrow! (November 1)
I’m so not sciency and techny, but I brought Nick on because he has a way of explaining scientific stuff and bringing it down to a practical, this-is- how-it-affects-us- in-everyday- life level…oh and he is totally Woo as well!
In this super fun Zoom video exclusive, you will learn:
- What the heck are EMF’s and how do they affect our productivity, sleep, sex life and even fertility!
- What you can do to make your cellphone isn’t draining your energy (without breaking the bank)
- The one thing that interrupts sleep more than anything else (it’s not what you think)
- Super effective EMF fixes you can buy on Amazon to increase productivity in your work space with your laptop (without letting it drain you).
- And I even popped in and share my #1 tool to get out of your head and kick the worry habit (Because really, you can choose to be afraid of everything you can’t see…or you can do this!)
Nicolas Pineault is a health journalist who has published more than 1,500 online articles through a daily newsletter called Nick & Gen’s Healthy Life. In 2017, he authored The Non-Tinfoil Guide To EMFs — an unconventional book which combines common sense and humor to tackle the very serious topic of electromagnetic pollution and its effects on human health. You may learn more about Nick’s work at NonTinfoilEMF.com