4 steps to reclaiming your sanity after a guy goes MIA
Well, you did it.
You called, poured your heart out and left a message on his voicemail.
Or a long, well rehearsed text message.
Told him how you really feel.
You were feeling brave, invincible and so on top of the world for not playing any of those stupid games.
You’re sure he’s going to call you back and profess that he feels the exact same way you do.
Or at least shoot you a sweet text.
But instead you hear nada.
Zip. Crickets. Silence.
You stare at your phone and wonder, “Did he get my message? Is his phone temporarily broken? Did I say too much? OMG, what’s wrong with me?
A vicious shame spiral may ensue and next thing you know, you’re stuffing your face, calling your girlfriends on Facetime or crying in a big, hot MESS on the floor.
Let me save you from the said above description.
Why He’s Not Calling:
He’s not NOT calling you because of any of the following:
-your weight/height/eye color, etc (unless he’s a superficial prick and then I say keep on steppin!)
-bad cell phone reception
or even what you said or wrote
(in most cases…stalker-like behavior excluded of course).
It goes way beyond that.
90% of the time, it IS about the energy you’re putting out there subconsciously and your level of NEED for him to call you that is preventing the thing you actually want.
What you need to do:
Un-hook yourself from the energy of
- need and
- worry… which is really a lack state of consciousness that repels what you want and
elevate yourself to the Higher energy of
- “loving and healthy detachment
- love and
From that elevated place, you will create space for him to call you because you are no longer clinging onto him energetically and he will sense this and be curious as to why….
* if you do the exercise below and you never hear from him again, it may be Spirit’s way of protecting you and wanting to bring you someone more aligned with you. At the very least you will feel
- more energized
- more aligned within yourself
- and more centered
which is a GREAT place to be!
How to do it:
4-steps to write a Release Letter to the Angels!
1. Get a piece of paper and write out a question such as, “Angels, I’m feeling really weird/XYZ around my relationship with X. What messages do you have to share with me to help me release what’s holding me back so I can get on with it? Write through my hand.”
2. Then, once you’re in a calm state (deep breaths help!), write your heart out for about 1-2 pages, non stop, even if it doesn’t make any sense. (this gets easier with practice).
3. When you get an internal signal that you’re “done” say, “Thank you Angels. I now release worry and tension around this and surrender it to you!” and
4. Look back over what came out. Read it aloud to yourself as much as you can understand. What this does is lets you feel the vibration of what has come through.
After I did this exercise (as a result of obsessing over a man who I had confessed love to but that had yet to return my messages), I felt more at peace than I had in a long time.
At that point after I did these 4-steps, I seriously had surrendered to the possibility that I maynever hear from him again.
And I was actually okay with that.
And then, at around 6:15pm, less than 24 hours after I wrote the letter, he called!
I was totally oblivious and was interrupted from a solo dance routine I was dancing to for fun in the living room.
But there it was. His number insistently taunting me to answer or ignore.
Long story short, we ended up talking for about 45 minutes that night. I left the call feeling empowered and at peace.
This stuff works. I don’t all the ins and outs of why it works. It just does. Something magical comes when you say how you really feel and then in a safe space, surrender and let go of control a bit, letting Spirit and Source take over.
QUESTION: Have you ever written a letter to Spirit to let go of worry around a relationship? What happened and what did you learn about yourself in the process? Share in the comments below!
ps: Want to learn more amazingly powerful and simple Spiritual tools to attract healthy, inspiring relationships? Come to Sedona! It’s one of many topics we’ll be addressing and I’d love to see you there!
Click on the pic below for more info and have a fantastic week!
Leave a ReplyWant to join the discussion?
Feel free to contribute!