Declaring what you want can be one of the most powerful things you ever do.It takes a certain conviction and trust to really step up to yourself and say, “This is exactly what I want.” It puts you in the drivers’ seat of your life and then Spirit can support you, sending you people, creative ideas and unexpected delays and opportunities to bring it to you.So often we water our original desires down because of reasons like…
—how could that ever happen? it’s never happened to me before
—I asked for what I wanted before and I got hurt or I didn’t get it so why even bother?
—that’s for ‘other people’, more spiritual, wealthy, beautiful, etc than I am
So we ask for something smaller. Something more comfortable. Or something super ambiguous, like, “I want to be more happy. I want more love. I want more money.” It’s general enough that we believe we’re being clear, but the reason you may ask for things like that and not see them in your life is
that the underlying subconscious feeling behind your request is not truly aligned to what you really, really desire.So, why do we water down our desires, especially when it comes to love and relationships?
Fear of not being good enough.
That’s where we trip ourselves up all the time, isn’t it?
But if you want to prepare to meet a soulmate relationship or even to just feel more alive and beautifully aligned in your relationships with others, you have to do something differently than you’ve always done. Be in a different energy with yourself than you’ve always been. Believe that something other than the way it’s always been is actually possible and your Divine right.
So, this week, I dare you to be clear about your true desires.
1. Look at the reflection questions for this week. Pick one to focus on.
2. Get grounded (take a few deep breaths, go for a walk, grab a cup of tea) and create a distraction-free zone for yourself for 5-10 minutes.
3. Write (hand-write vs typing) what flows naturally out of you. When we hand-write it is said to connect us with our subconscious mind, which is where the fears lie.
Crystal clear. Even if you’re afraid. And see what happens. Because love is who you are. The world needs you to be fully you and embrace the calling and stirrings of your heart. Let’s start a dialogue about it!
This week’s reflection questions:
- What do you want more than anything right now in your life?
- What would having this thing give you more of?
- What fears come up when you think of having this in your life? Share your insights with me and our love community on the blog!
And if you’re ready to make a change in your love life and want to learn specific, practical behaviors you need to shift in order to call in a spiritual partner, sign up for my free class, “5 Reasons You’re Still Single And What to Do About it Right Now!” this Thursday! (it’s recorded, but you must RSVP to get the replay!)
Have a blessed week!