The Top 9 List (Goddess-style) of 2016
- Movie (Joy) starring Jennifer Lawrence, about the founder of the Miracle Mop and skinny velvet hanger, among other things. (The only movie I’ve ever watched and then immediately replayed)
Lesson: No matter how many setbacks life throws at you, your conviction for sharing your gift with the world wins out. Never give up.
- Sacred Success by Barbara Stanny
Lesson: When you make your decisions based on what supports your deepest, truest values, that is true success.
- Don’t Let Anything Dull your Sparkle by Doreen Virtue
Lesson: It’s safe to step away from anything that drains you-this is a loving act and it doesn’t mean you don’t care. Quite the opposite.
- Song (Rise) by Katy Perry
(I ended up dancing to this song over and over again in my living room!)
Lesson: It’s safe for you to be powerful and THRIVE, not just survive.
- Outrageous Openness by Tosha Silver
(This is one that I read all the time, and will flip to a page when I need a message from Spirit!)
Lesson: Life flows better when you get out of your own way.
- Song (Love on the Brain) by Rhianna (sooo beautiful, although to be honest, I wasn’t paying too much attention to the lyrics as much as the Motown vibe)
Lesson: Love will make you do crazy things and is the most powerful force in the Universe.
- I am not your Guru (Netflix documentary) of Tony Robbins’ weekend seminar
(I watched this twice with my man!)
Lesson: Change can happen in an instant when you speak your Truth. Believing it has to take forever is an illusion to justify not being ready to take full responsibility for your life.
- Getting the Love You Want by Harville Hendrix
Lesson: We attract a partner who perfectly mirrors our unresolved childhood agendas and wounds so we can heal them and love from a fuller place.
- You are a Badass by Jen Sincero
Lesson: Loving yourself is always the answer. (I’d like to take her out to coffee in 2017 as I feel we would have much to discuss on this topic!)
1) Which of the 9 lessons speaks to you right now?
2) What is one of your own top movies, books or songs that influenced 2016? Share with us in the comments!