A calm mind is peaceful, open and clear.
It sounds nice, but let me ask you a question-do you have trouble meditating?
I for one, have a hard time sitting still for long periods of time and if you are like that too, it’s important to know that there are multiple ways you can meditate.
I’ve put together a short quiz for you to help you determine what your meditation type is!
Directions: Assess yourself below first and be sure to scroll down to the bottom for a fun and easy system to help you feel calm and sane throughout your day with me supporting you (in less than 10 minutes a day).
*NOTE: You may be a combination of 2 or all 3. There is usually one that dominates though.
1) The Mover and Shaker
- Sitting still is a challenge for you. You get restless.
- You tend to process and get your best ideas when you are in motion vs. contemplating in a resting position
- You tend to make decisions quickly and multi-task naturally.
Your Meditation Mojo: Your Soul prioritizes physical movement (dance, walking, exercise of any kind) to tap into your creative power. Commit to moving your body on a schedule everyday before beginning any work or making any major decision.
2) The Radio Rockstar
- You remember what people say first (and how they say it) vs. what their name is or even what they look like
- You tend to get songs stuck in your head for days and music is a very important part of your life
- You tend to process and get your best ideas through songs/music or being out in nature, listening to the sounds there.
- Your Meditation Mojo: Your Soul prioritizes calm environments, stillness and sounds that blend nature and voice. Commit to listening to uplifting music and guided meditations (watch what you put on your ipod as you are easily influenced by the tone of the music you hear) and keeping a journal for your ideas to flow as you tune into your clair audience (clear-hearing). Avoid harsh sounds.
3) The Day Dreamer
- You think spherically rather than linearly. You often have 3 topics of conversation going on in your mind at once and you are comfortable with that!
- You tend to process in pictures and images. You remember what people look like before you remember anything else.
- You get your best ideas when you can “see” it, either literally on paper or in your imagination before executing a plan. List-making, rules and too much structure frustrate you.
- Your Meditation Mojo: Your Soul prioritizes imagination, freedom and flexibility within a structure YOU create above all. Commit to carving out a specific block of time to create, imagine and day dream in an environment that you create! Background noise? Painting? Laying in some grass and staring at clouds? Again, YOU decide. Is it 3X/week? 1 hour/day? Create your OWN structure and your mind will relax during that time (meditation) so you can pull out your best ideas.
1) Which one are you? Share your response!
2) Want more? Check out my guided meditations in the Goddess store!