Truth: I used to be so confused by what it meant to be in your healthy feminine or healthy masculine energy.
All the material I was learning through the hard-knocks of dating and life taught me that I had no real clue how to operate in either healthy version fully.
Tried as I might, I felt like I was posturing, faking it and the whole thing just felt like some contrived way to manipulate prospective dates and the Universe to give me what I wanted, let alone if that thing was good for me.
I set about to find my own expression of feminine/masculine even f it took longer than ‘5 simple steps to…”
It wasn’t until I began learning how to trust my intuition and consciously slowing down to listen to what my inner knowing and body was trying to tell me that this whole concept of masculine/feminine began to be more clear.
In a nutshell…
When I listened and received/captured messages and nudges from my intuition, I was in my version of healthy feminine.
When I acted upon the guidance my intuition was sharing and I knew I was sage to do so, I was in my version of healthy masculine.
Here are a few things that have helped me to trust my intuition and a few that private clients have graciously shared too.
- Committing to the page…aka journaling.
- I started journaling everyday and showing up to the page first thing, even when all I would scribble was “I have nothing to say. This is silly…” The more I made it a non-negotiable, I found that insights came, downloads for a lot, if not all, of the classes and speeches I would eventually share with audiences came out easily and I found that my nervous system was calmer throughout the day.
- Drawing and doodling (especially great for those harder to understand emotions).
- I have several clients who are professional artists and one shared that for her, what helped her to trust and relax into her true feminine, was ‘allowing all the pesky, hard, inconvenient emotions’ to express themselves on canvas or in a doodle. Music optional and you don’t have to be Picasso or spend a ton of money on supplies. A good ole’ fashioned pen and paper will do. Set a timer and pose the question-okay, emotions, what would you like to share? Then let your hand guide you around. Even if it’s just a few minutes. Notice what comes.
- Let’s see what happens!
- This one is more of a mindset. It can help you build the muscles needed for the inner masculine to feel safe to take action on your behalf. The more our inner masculine feels safe, the easier it is for other to also want to support us. So, the next time you get a nudge to do something, instead of shutting yourself down, consider saying aloud, “Let’s see what happens!” without any attachment to the outcome. Then, go take one simple action you’re feeling guided to. take, wit the acceptance and permission that it may not go anywhere, but you’re simply following your own flow.
So there you have it!
3 practices you can play with to start to trust your intuition and meet your own authentic Feminine and Masculine!
Q: Which one will you play with this week? Leave a comment and share!
PS: If you’d like to really sharpen your intuition and take it to the next level, check out the course, Bullet Proof Intuition!
You can have a go at your own pace and I share the exercises I do often to help me stay on top of my own intuitive game.